My Family

My Family

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 3: Describe your relationship with your parents.

http://dawnsdisaster.blogspot.com/2012/08/day-3-of-my-30-day-challenge.html is the link to go to that I got this idea from.

Relationship with my parents. humm..... Growing up I wasn't that close to my mom, not sure if I was more of a daddy's girl growing up. When I moved out of the house at 19 my mom and I got closer. I always loved hanging out with her. When I had my first born I thought it would be even better but it got worse. My parents really don't come around much. I do see them weekly sometimes a little more but really I don't see them much as I would like and want it to be. They do their own thing they are always going all over the place. They never invite us anywhere because of the kids. You would think they would want to spend as much time as they could with their grand kids. Maybe it's because we don't have the money to run around all time like they do even though they themselves are in debt they still live outside their means. Don't get me wrong they love us and they are ALWAYS around when we need them but they just dont' spend time with us like I would like. That's one thing my girls are going to have. When they get older I WANT to do as much stuff with them and their families as we can. Vacations, weekend trips I want to be a close family. I had a great childhood but now that I am older we just don't do much together.