My Family

My Family

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

RIP mini van

Today started out normal as could be. I was going to go run to the store after lunch while steve stayed home with the girls but Steve wanted to all go because he needed to get out of the house. We had a good trip both girls were really behaved. As we were on our way home like 2 miles away from home I was at a red light it turned green I went to go and it felt like we got rear ended, the transmission dropped. I am proud of myself I stayed calm it was Steve that started freaking out. I HAD to stay calm. I called the cops and my cell died in mid conversation. We didn't know what to do then (last time I am leaving the house without a full battery!) we just stayed in the van and talked to the kids making sure that they wouldn't freak out. Finally 10 minutes later a cop came and called my mom to come to take us home. We got to ride in a wrecker just to go around the corner since we had the girls. Shaylee kept on saying "how exciting!" Cassie was laughing and blabbing away. We got home safe and sound thankfully the girls were not scared because that would make it harder.

The van is said to cost $3000 or more possibly we only paid $700 after we traded in our car. It's not worth it to us to get it fixed well actually we CAN NOT afford to get it fixed honestly. Not with us living the way we are just not possible. Then again we NEED a reliable vehicle to get Shaylee to and from school and also groceries. Yes Steve has a van it's a 1999 and we don't drive it because it's not a very reliable van he used it just to get from work and back and that's all but then he lost his job in '09 and he didn't drive it much because we had my van which is a 2002. About a year ago something broke on it and Steve fixed it himself but he knew it wasn't going to last so we knew that the day was coming when the van would take a poop on us and not be fixable. that day was today. With having to drive his van who knows how long it will last us. We need a reliable vehicle with kids and Steve starting school in 2 months. We can't afford to fix my van we can't afford to get another used one....... we have no other option than to ask my grandma to help us get a USED van that's reliable for now. We can't just have 1 vehicle with kids especially one that's not reliable enough. I hate the thought of asking for help but we just don't have an option right now. I honestly don't know what we are going to do when his van takes a poop on us who knows how long it will last driving it so much. ...............I know it will work out it always does when stuff happens to us. I pray that it will work out...

2 comments:

Misty said...

I am sorry to hear about your car situation. My mom was in an accident about a week ago and she totaled the Bonneville, her pride and joy after 14 years of service. A young driver pulled right out in front of her at Harrison. They had just spent $600 in new tires just two weeks prior. Stuff happens and sometimes in the worst of times. However, I have always believed that God will provide and I am sure that he will for your family. We will be praying for you. Love you guys. You can always call, I am still at home right now.

proudmommy said...

Thanks misty! I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I know she loved the Bonneville! I know God will give us the answers that we are asking right now. We love you too! I will try and give you a call soon!