My Family

My Family

Friday, March 18, 2011

Music and Movies

Growing up my parents listened to alot of music. My mom mainly 60's and 70's the stuff she grew up listening to. My dad listened to 70's and 80's stuff. I learned to love 80's because I grew up in the 80's ( I was born in 1980, I know I am OLD LOL!!!)and also because my dad listened to it all the time and he would play his records for me while my mom worked and we would dance around. I love music ,most kinds of music, anything but rap really.....

Music makes me feel alive, when I need to relax I grab the music that means the most to me, Take On Me by Ah Ha, Africa by Toto so many other 80's songs then When the Wind Blows by All American Rejects, From Yesterday by 30 Seconds to Mars and then so many other songs by them, and a few other random songs that just make me relax and feel nostalgic.I also come across some new music because of my sister which is sometimes really great too, Score 24, Amely, Justin Posey etc.
Movies are also something that I can't live without I could go on and on about my favorite movies what they mean to me etc etc. I remember growing up watching oldies with my parents on Sundays. Bad Seed (Little girl who is well a bad seed that does terrible things to people), Blondie a 1930's tv series (The Blondie and Dagwood as in the comic strip). Then we have the 80's movies and even 80's tv that I could never get enough of. Sixteen Candles,Breakfast Club, Mannequin, Danger Mouse, Get Along Gang, She Ra, Jem, Rainbow Bright, Weird Science, American Bandstand so many more. So many movies just so many movies I love I have tons of favorites!!! Here are just a few...
-Bringing Up Baby ,ALL TIME FAVORITE!! Katherine Hepburn , if you haven't seen it rent it! Great movie!! Classic!
-Without a Paddle so many great quotes i can't even tell you how many times I have watched it and it never gets old!
-Sixteen Candles again great quotes and never gets old.
-Clueless sorry it's just on my list it's a great movie I can't help but love it

Oh goodness I could keep on going on and on about movies and music so many other movies I want to list.......

If it wasn't for music and even movies I wouldn't be the person I am today. My girls will grow up with music and movies like I did it's a great way to grow up!

No comments: